Services / SI Combustion
Quantitative Knock Intensity
- Simultaneously improve emissions and fuel economy through combustion system design.
- KIVA-3V code with detailed chemical kinetics and flame propagation.
- Reaction mechanism development for fuels of interest (octane number range, oxygenated fuels, gaseous fuels, etc…).
- Grid independent fuel spray atomization available.
- Non-equilibrium multi-component vaporization.
- State-of-the-art emissions models.
- Crevice flow modeling to determine the blow by gas concentration in the ring pack.
- Dilution tolerance analysis and improvement.
- Application of advanced SI modeling techniques to predict the onset and intensity of knock.
- Combustion system design recommendations.
- Quantitative/qualitative results for performance including emissions, fuel consumption, power, knock tolerance, dilution tolerance, etc...